- PRINCE2 Foundation Accredited course
- Incineration power plant in Crakow
- Study visit in Hydro power plant
- Study visit in Master – Waste and Energy company
- UPDATE! EPAE conference monographs are available!
- Rybnik power plant – next study visit
- Study visit in Guido mine. Real picture of coal!
- STARTER – Build your start’up
- PowerUp! – the next edition of the competition for start-ups with the energy to change the world
- UPDATE! EPAE conference monographs are available online!
- The video from EPAE conference
- 1st Local Teachers Conference
- From the classroom to the first business pitch
- EPAE conference – Big Day!
- MSc CFAFE soon to be MSc Energy Transition
- Great succes of 6th edition of EPAE 2018
- UNITED NATIONS CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE, COP24
- CommUnity by InnoEnergy Leadership Programme
- Check out video from trip to Bochnia Salt Mine
- Check our Promo Video!
- 13th International Conference on Boiler Technology
- VI Conference on Environmental Protection and Energy (EPAE) 2018, 7th December 2018
- Team Building Activity
- 2018/2019 academic year opening ceremony
- New application dates for MSc CFAFE Programme
- Energy Dream Map project
- MSc CFAFE representatives at „PowerUp! Competition”
- InnoEnergy Career Centre: Invitation Webinar: Develop your LinkedIn profile – 7 June 2018
- InnoEnergy Entrepreneurship & Business summer camp
- MASTER-Waste and Energy study visit
- Miners’ Shift – study visit at Guido Mine
- Spring job fairs at SUT
- BioEnergyTrain Student Camp 2018 in Graz
- Handbook for International Students at SUT
- Business & education
- Update – NEW VERSION! 5th Environmental Protection and Energy conference
- Master’s School KICK OFF
- Master´s School graduation ceremony 2017
- Iberdrola Challenge 2017 – winners
- Call for Professional Digital Learning – Deadline Extended
- Learning Analytics WEBINAR & SPOC
- Pedagogical evolution in progress
- Energy and Environmental Protection Conference
- TEAM BUILDING at Salt Mine „Bochnia”
- Inauguration of Academic Year 2017/2018 for MSC CFAFE students
- MSc CFAFE student wins at European Utility Week 2017
- EIT label for CFAFE!
- New book by CFAFE students is published!
- Case teaching implementation at SUT
- Boost your career – professional online learning
- Lectures conducted by prof. Lidia Lombardi from Niccolò Cusano University
- Job Fairs at SUT
- Do you want to get on Forbes 30 under 30 list? Apply NOW
- Students monography
- IV EPAE Conference 2016
- The Joint Graduation Ceremony
- Winner of Master Thesis Competition in Energy for Smart Cities
- Scientific Conference EPAE 2016
- Presentation | MSc Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy Programme
- Master’s School KICK OFF 2016
Study visit in Master – Waste and Energy company
On 21st of March, we went for a study visit to the Master – Waste and Energy Sp. Z o.o. which is a company providing complex services of waste collection and management for 8 municipalities of Silesian Voivodeship. It uses modern technologies of European leaders in waste management and waste-to-energy conversions paying attention to the ecology and environmental safety of the entire process. Their services consist of collecting of municipal waste, segregation including separation of hazardous waste, production of alternative fuels like biogas and RDFs, producing electricity and heat from waste and providing environmental education. All their services are fulfilling the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
We had an opportunity to take a close look at one of the most advanced methods of mechanical and biological waste treatment, starting with the collecting and segregation of mixed type waste, ending with its processing into alternative fuels and raw products. We were guided through each part of the internal and external facilities of the site listening with interest to the descriptions of every equipment given by one of the workers. The enormity of the wastes and working conditions the workers need to face there every day have to lead us to think about our daily waste production and I’m sure that after that day everybody who experienced it would try to care about recycling and waste disposal even more.
How CFAFE students can use the knowledge gained during the training in their future professional life?
Students could see for oneself the process of utilization what makes them more aware of challenges which waste treatment has to face. Students learnt how important is separating materials and what consequences can make improper storing of those.
They obtained information about the scale of this process and products which are produced in this place.
Authors: CFAFE students: Damian Hasterok, Rafał Fingas