List of courses SUT - year 1
Internship (SUT, year 1)
The main purpose is to give student practice in business environment together with shaping practical skills related to engineering practice. Positions in this activity are assigned responsibility for providing engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance. Students should perform engineering tasks and by reviewing and evaluating the work of consultants, contractors and facility operators, under the supervision of a professional engineer.
Content of the course:
- The functions performed by student in this job will vary but may include the following:
- Develops, prepares and/or reviews engineering plans and designs for structures, facilities and/or systems.
- Develops, prepares and reviews reports and studies to identify and recommend engineering solutions.
- Performs engineering inspections of systems operations and of structures and facilities during construction.
- Implements statutes and regulations.
- Reviews applications and issues permits.
- Performs physical and chemical tests to assure the quality of construction and facility operations and ambient
- Reviews engineering program activities to make recommendations for changes in policy and procedures.
- Conducts engineering research and provides technical assistance to consulting engineers, contractors, public officials, municipalities and industry.
This is the Engineer-in-Training level where incumbents will initially perform a variety of routine engineering tasks in a training status under close supervision. Incumbents will perform basic engineering tasks such as the review of less complex plans, performance of basic engineering calculations, the writing of permits, the performance of computer modeling, and the inspection of parts of an engineering project.