List of courses SUT - year 1
Economics (SUT, year 1)
The aim of the lectures is to introduce the basic economic ideas. Learning Economics by future engineers makes them.
Content of the course:
- What is economics.
- The market mechanism in economy. The element of supply and demand.
- The theory of enterprises. The basic concept of cost, income, profit and management.
- The financial market and finances of enterprises.
- Measurement of national output and income. The economic growth.
- Fiscal policy, deficits and the government debt. The impact on economy and enterprises.
- Money and commercial banking. Central Bank Monetary policy. The impact and economy and enterprises.
- Causes and effects.
- Definition and costs.
- International economic. The European Union – the main problem.
Problem solving classes:
- The uses of economics and pitfalls in economics reasoning.
- How markets solve the basic economics problems. Analysis of supply and demand: equliblium, effects of shift in supply and demand curves.
- Measuring of national output. Analysis of statistic data on national output. The solving exercises.
- The making of fiscal policy: concepts and trends in economies today. The solving exercises.
- Current issues in monetary policy: effectiveness and targets.
- Labour market issues.
- Research on trends in world economy today.