Dear Student, if you get an Acceptance Letter from Innoenergy and you are ready to study at MSc Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy follow with this quick guide.


  1. Contact with SUT or AGH Office.

    We will answer for all your questions.

About ACCOMODATION in Dorms:
– at SUT your room will wait for you. Cost of accomodation at Dorms is around 550 PLN / month.
at AGH rooms are also reserved but you have to register at https://akademik.agh.edu.pl/en/ mind that without registration you will not
get a room.

  1. VISA & APPLICATION– Entry Reqirements for EU Citizens: If you are a citizen of an EU member state the only thing you need to have to enter Poland is a valid travel document or a document confirming identity and citizenship (i.e. your national ID). However, if you wish to travel abroad during your stay in Poland it is a good idea to have a passport with you, as it is necessary to visit some of Poland’s neighbours that don’t belong to the EU.For a stay shorter than three months there are no formal requirements. Your studies will however take longer. For such a stay a registration of residence is necessary. You should register with Voivodship (Provincial) Office.– Entry Reqirements for NON – EU Citizens: The two main documents you will need to enter Poland if are not a EU citizen are: a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required).Visa

As a general rule you need a visa to enter Poland. There are, however, a number of countries that are free of this requirement. You can check if your country is on the list here: http://www.msz.gov.pl

Poland is a part of the Schengen zone, so you can apply for a Polish visa and travel all around Europe (excluding the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and states outside of the EU).

There are several types of visas to choose from:

  • “A” type – an airport transit Schengen visa, so it cannot be used by a student coming to Poland
  • “C” type – a short-term Schengen visa allowing the holder to stay in the Schengen territory for up to 90 days in 180 days period
  • “D” type – a long-term national visa issued for up to one year allowing travel around the Schengen area for up to 90 days in a 180 days period A visa can only be extended in exceptional situations.
    If you need to stay in Poland longer than specified in your visa, please do apply for the temporary residence permit (see below)

5 easy steps to get a visa

  • Find a Polish consulate that can process you application. You can use the MFA’s search engine http://mfa.gov.pl
  • Read carefully ALL the information concerning visa application on the consulate’s website and follow ALL the instructions.
  • Set a visa appointment with the consulate. In most cases you will have to register through the website: http://www.e-konsulat.gov.pl
  • Prepare the necessary documents, including: application form, travel document (passport), biometric photo, health insurance, sufficient means to support yourself, documents confirming the purpose of your stay. The specifics of the required documentation may vary among consulates, so confirm them with the consulate’s website.

After your first contact with SUT or AGH Office, we will send you a copy of University Acceptance Letter and Admission Letter – this documents will be required during your application for VISA in the Embassy.

  • Submit all the documents including a printed and signed application form and the visa fee. Your visa application is complete. It will take up to 15 days for it to be reviewed.

– Temporary Residence Permit

Who needs it? Every Non-EU student needs it.

You should apply for a Temporary Residence Permit before your visa expires.

When you receive the permit you will be issued a Temporary Residence Card, an ID card that proves that you have a residence permit. Together with you travel document it allows you to cross the Polish border as many times as you wish. The first residence permit is issued for the period of 15 months. It can be renewed for periods of up to 3 years but for no longer than the remainder of your studies.

REMEMBER: You should apply for the Temporary Residence Card when you are legally staying in Poland, which means after you arrive, but before the expiry of your visa


You have to apply for a Temporary Residence Permit with the local Voivodship Office. You can find a complete list of offices here: : http://www.migrant.info.pl/ The documents you will need to legalise your stay include an application form, photos and documents proving your identity and citizenship, address, purpose of stay (a certificate from your school) health insurance and possession of sufficient funds. For detailed information check out the Voivodship Office’s website. The procedure costs 390 PLN in total.

EU students

EU students do not need to apply for temporary residence permits. As UE citizens they should only apply for registration of their stay with local voivodship office within 90 days of their arrival. They will be issued a cost-free certificate of registration with non-limited period of validity proving their right to stay in Poland. For detailed information check out the Voivodship Office’s website.

Silesian University of Technology:
Oddział do Spraw Cudzoziemców Wydziału Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
Jagiellońska 25 street, Katowice
phones:. (32) 2077-921, 2077-922, 2077-137, 2077-182,  room 161 stand no: 19,20,25,26,27, room 119 stand no: 3, tel. 2077-615.

Przy Rondzie 6 street, Kraków
phone: (12) 39 21 802


3. List of original documents required to present at InnoEnergy Office / Dean Office:

  • the certificate from secondary school;
  • BSc diploma appropriately legalized by Polish Embassy;
  • transcript of records from 1st cycle of studies;
  • Certificate of English knowledge (as in InnoEnergy application);
  • health insurance;
  • health certificate stating that there are no counter-indications to study power engineering;
  • all other  documents you presented with your InnoEnergy application (references, certificates of  industrial training – appropriately validated, etc).


Take with you two printed frontal photo 35×45 mm in order to get the student’s book.


Website uses cookie files in order to operate better. Direct use of the site without changing the settings in web browser means that cookies will be placed on your computer. more

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.