The case teaching workshop
- Incineration power plant in Crakow
- Study visit in Hydro power plant
- Study visit in Master – Waste and Energy company
- UPDATE! EPAE conference monographs are available!
- Rybnik power plant – next study visit
- Study visit in Guido mine. Real picture of coal!
- STARTER – Build your start’up
- PowerUp! – the next edition of the competition for start-ups with the energy to change the world
- UPDATE! EPAE conference monographs are available online!
- The video from EPAE conference
- 1st Local Teachers Conference
- From the classroom to the first business pitch
- EPAE conference – Big Day!
- MSc CFAFE soon to be MSc Energy Transition
- Great succes of 6th edition of EPAE 2018
- UNITED NATIONS CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE, COP24
- CommUnity by InnoEnergy Leadership Programme
- Check out video from trip to Bochnia Salt Mine
- Check our Promo Video!
- 13th International Conference on Boiler Technology
- VI Conference on Environmental Protection and Energy (EPAE) 2018, 7th December 2018
- Team Building Activity
- 2018/2019 academic year opening ceremony
- New application dates for MSc CFAFE Programme
- Energy Dream Map project
- MSc CFAFE representatives at „PowerUp! Competition”
- InnoEnergy Career Centre: Invitation Webinar: Develop your LinkedIn profile – 7 June 2018
- InnoEnergy Entrepreneurship & Business summer camp
- MASTER-Waste and Energy study visit
- Miners’ Shift – study visit at Guido Mine
- Spring job fairs at SUT
- BioEnergyTrain Student Camp 2018 in Graz
- Handbook for International Students at SUT
- Business & education
- Update – NEW VERSION! 5th Environmental Protection and Energy conference
- Master’s School KICK OFF
- Master´s School graduation ceremony 2017
- Iberdrola Challenge 2017 – winners
- Call for Professional Digital Learning – Deadline Extended
- Learning Analytics WEBINAR & SPOC
- Pedagogical evolution in progress
- Energy and Environmental Protection Conference
- TEAM BUILDING at Salt Mine „Bochnia”
- Inauguration of Academic Year 2017/2018 for MSC CFAFE students
- MSc CFAFE student wins at European Utility Week 2017
- EIT label for CFAFE!
- New book by CFAFE students is published!
- Case teaching implementation at SUT
- Boost your career – professional online learning
- Lectures conducted by prof. Lidia Lombardi from Niccolò Cusano University
- Job Fairs at SUT
- Do you want to get on Forbes 30 under 30 list? Apply NOW
- Students monography
- IV EPAE Conference 2016
- The Joint Graduation Ceremony
- Winner of Master Thesis Competition in Energy for Smart Cities
- Scientific Conference EPAE 2016
- Presentation | MSc Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy Programme
- Master’s School KICK OFF 2016
1st Local Teachers Conference
On December 6, 2018, at the Faculty of Environmental Engineering and Power Engineering, a case teaching workshop was held, during the 1st Local Teachers Conference organized by the Innoenergy project – Clean Fossil and Alternative Fuels Energy MSc / Energy Transition MSc. 28 people from the entire Faculty took part in the workshop.
Participants learned the fundamental assumptions of the method and were prepared to write the original Case study and the Teaching Note. By the presentation of the method and the opportunity to test it, they could see the phenomenon of engaging stories and problems that give the opportunity to actively acquire knowledge and develop analytical thinking skills. They could experience that the role of the teacher does not have to be lectured knowledge and provoking students to independently acquire it. Training in the Case Teaching method also involved the preparation of teaching staff to conduct classes using this method.
Case Teaching is an effective method of didactic work used for the first time in 1914 at Harvard Business School and the method’s career began. The method has been widely used in medicine since the time of Hippocrates, where the aim of the case analysis is making a diagnosis, Harvard Business School adapted to teach management and economics, based on the tracking of crisis situations, business and entrepreneurship strategies and the consequences of decisions illustrated with real stories.
Today, the case teaching is a method based on attractive stories, case reports and allows you to develop practical ability to solve problems in various industries. In addition, it is a method used more and more often in recruitment, where the competence of the future employee is verified after the way of solving the problem and justifying the decisions made.